Installation for Electrical Wiring in Fort Myers
How to install Electrical Wiring?
- You would need to design a wiring diagram. It will show you the locations of the breaker box and the path of the wires to each outlet within the home.
- You will be installing the conduits needed throughout the home. Always start with the longest wire to avoid wasting any materials. You will need to start with each wire upstairs and pull them out through the basement. In case you would need to move things around later always leave at least one foot of extra wire.
- At this point, you would need to determine how many outlets and switches would run on one circuit.
- Before you drill any holes, you would need to make sure what is on the other side. You would not want to dig into any ductwork or water pipes.
- Now it will be time to set up your breaker box. Make sure to place it in an area you may easily access.
- At this moment you would need to pull the wires to the outlets according to the diagram you have made. You could also run the wires straight through the box.
- Finally, you would be installing each circuit for each wiring set. Keep in mind you would need to match each circuit amperage to the wire and the purpose for the outlet.
Materials and tools needed to install Electrical Wiring
- Personal protective equipment(Goggles and safety glasses, gloves, long-sleeve shirts, etc.)
- Circuit Testers
- Cordless Screwdriver/Drill
- Electric Drill(For larger projects)
- Wire Strippers
- Lineman’s Plier
- Standard, Long-Nosed Pliers
- Diagonal Pliers
- Nut Drivers
- Tape Measure
- Crescent wrench
- Pump Pliers
- Pipe Wrench
- Electrical Tape
- Duct Tape
- Tool Pouch
- Ladders and Step Stools
- Notebook or Notepad
- Pen or Pencil
- Wood Chisel
- Conduit Bender
Electrical Wiring Suppliers in Fort Myers
Graybar Electric Supply
Electrical Wiring Contractors in Fort Myers
Bo's Electric Inc
Elite Electrical Contractors
ABC Electric Service, Inc.