Installation for Plumbing in Fort Myers
Plumbing Installation Process
- Determine exactly where you will like to place the plumbing fixtures. Figure out the placement for the bathtub or shower, sink and toilet. Locate and carefully mark all cut points and drill points.
- Before performing any work, shut off the water to the home.
- he bathroom will need multiple sizes of drain lines. For the toilet drain line, you will need either a 3 inch or 4-inch line. After attaching the line to the toilet drain, the pipe needs to be placed in a downward slope towards the main drain.
- Now install the toilet, which will come in 2 pieces. Start with installing the bowl. Using glue connect the closest flange from the waste pipe to the toilet. If the bowl is leveled, tighten the nuts and washer of the closest bolts. Now attach the toilets tank to the bowl using nuts.
- Now for the sink, position the stand to do a fit test. Place a mark where the floor bolts will go and drill a hole through the sink stand. Connect the needed sink to the hot and cold water lines.
- Finally, install the tub and shower unit. Estimate where the drain will be and mark it. Run the pipe and dry fit it. Once lining up the tub, glue the waste line to the tubs drain. After placing the tub, check that it is level.
Materials and tools
- Copper lines, fittings
- Drainpipe, fittings
- Adjustable wrench
- Solder gun
- Drain Augers, aka Snakes
- Channel locks
- Pipe Wrench
- Basin Wrench
- Hole Saw
- Hose Cutter
- Rib-joint Pliers
- Metal File
- Fire-Resistant Cloth
Plumbing Suppliers in Fort Myers
Broedell Plumbing Supply Inc
Palm Beach Plumbing Parts Inc
Plumbing Contractors in Fort Myers
Rohaley & Sons Plumbing Contractor
American Construction & Plumbing, Inc