Installation for Networks and CCTV
Preparing Your Home
- Create a diagram to show where you would like to place the cameras at. You will need to prioritize on the areas you want to watch the most.
- Purchase the right camera system that will fit your needs. It is always generally cheaper and easier to buy a bundled security system, but you could always buy each piece individually. Typically a package would include 1-3 cameras, a DVR, the needed wirings and power cords.
- Once you know exactly how many cameras you would like. You need to think about what specific cameras you want. A few options could be:
•Wireless or Wired
•Indoors or Outdoors
- To store or view your footage, you will need a Digital Video Recorder (DVR). DVRs have many varieties of memory capacities that allow them to store a certain amount of video.
- Finally, test your equipment before installing.
Installing a Camera
- Installing the cameras choose a high, broad angle for you camera. Make the camera is near a power outlet.
- Screwing in your camera is the safest way to mount your cameras long-term.
- Connect all cameras to a power source.
- Depending on the camera you are using connect all needed wires to the DVR. If using a wireless camera link them to your computer. Wireless systems will come with a software disc that you would need to install to view your feed.
- Connect a monitor to the DVR system. A BNC is a common connection you would use but some DVR could use HDMI or coaxial cables.
- Troubleshoot any connection issues.
Materials and Tools
- CCTV camera
- 4.3 inch LCD monitor
- Wiring cable
- Hard disk
- BNC video input
- TV with composite video input
- Coax cables, Flat cables
- RJ11, Cable cutter stripper
- RCA and F connectors
- AHD Test monitor
- CAT-5 cable
- PTZ tester
Networks and CCTV Suppliers in Fort Myers
Silmar Electronics Inc
Electronic Protection Systems Inc
ADI Global Distribution
Networks and CCTV Contractors in Fort Myers
Expert Security Services, Inc
BCI Integrated Solutions
Diamond Security & Sound