Installation for Central Air Conditioners in Fort Myers
How to install a Central Air Conditioner?
- The first step one needs to take is pulling permits for the type of work being performed. The contractor will obtain the permits needed.
- Take apart and remove the existing air conditioner.
- Install a new duct system or perform duct repairs
- Prepare the installation site. Which would be setting a concrete pad to support the air conditioner.
- Position the unit correctly. Install and secure it to the site.
- If replacing your air handler, install the indoor unit. It is a smart idea to replace both indoor and outdoor units at the same time. (you may not need to replace the air handler when installing a new unit outdoor)
- You would need to determine the appropriate size for refrigerant lines, drain piping, and electrical lines. Connect the indoor and outside unit.
- Connect the thermostat to the central air conditioner.
- Vacuum to remove contaminants from the refrigerant lines.
- Perform an installation inspection to make sure the installation was done correctly.
Materials and tools needed to install Central Air Conditioners
- Tape Measure
- Wire Strippers
- Pipe Wrench
- Step Ladder
- Cordless Drill
- Extension Cord
- Manifold Gauge
- Tubing Cutter
- Tin Snips
- Hand Seamers
- Staple Gun
Air Conditioning Suppliers in Fort Myers
Ferguson HVAC Supply
Air Conditioning Contractors in Fort Myers
Lifetime Air, LLC