How do you Incorporate a business in Florida?
There are a few steps to be able to start incorporating your Florida business.
Steps on how to Incorporate a business in Florida
- The first is to review the instructions for filing the Articles of Incorporation for Florida Profit Corporations.
- You may file online or print Articles of Incorporation for a Florida Profit Corporation (PDF) and mail application with a check or money order (all payments by credit card must be done by online application).
- To verify if the corporation is already in use, search our records to determine if the name is distinguishable and available for you to use.
- Then gather all the information required to complete the form.
- Most important have a valid form of payment. Such as a credit card, debit card, or a prepaid sunbiz E-File account. Your document will be processed in the order it was received. You will receive a confirmation letter or email that your filling was accepted which will include the corporation’s name, assigned document number, filed date, and effective date if requested. Your Certificate of Status and/or Certified Copy will also be included if you opted to purchase those items.
Once all that is done you have incorporated you must start the process to your Contractor Licensing process.