Getting a Florida Registered License as an Individual - Active
Applicants must meet all requirements for the Registered Contractor application for the Initial Issuance of Licensure.
Requirements for the Application:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age.
- Register applicants must show evidence of a certificate of competency from a local licensing authority, and the certificate must have the applicant's name and match the sought licensure category.
- Applicants must submit a personal credit report to show proof of financial stability and responsibility.
- Part of the licensing process is a background check that applicants must have. Visit the DBPR Fingerprinting page for more information.
- Must obtain property damage and public liability insurance.
- Within 30 days of issuance of the applicant's license, a workers' compensation insurance or an exemption from worker's compensation insurance is required.
- Pay the fee stated in the application.