Article Index

City of Hollywood Florida Permits

You need a building permit to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, remore or demolish any building, structure, or any part thereof, or any equipment, device or facility therein or thereon and if the work entails changes in the use or occpancy of a building. A structure can be but not limited to a driveway, patio deck, walkway, fence, retaining wall, shed, gazebo, trellis, antenna tower, fountain, spa or pool.

Building Permits

There is one permit used in the city of Hollywood.

You can apply for a building permit by submitting the Building Permit Application (located on the forms & application page) along with the required documents at the Building Division Permitting Welcome Window or in the drop box located at City Hall.

Permit Fees

Summary of Applicable Permit Fees

  • Process Fee
  • Permit Fees (B,E,M,P)
  • Zoning Fee
  • Certificates of Occupancy/Completion
  • State Surcharge ( 1.5% DCA + 1.5% Educational ) Total 3%

Note: Once the application is approved, the permit will be available for you to pay online and held for pick up in the Building Division.

** Any application over 6- days will be voided and discarded.

Registering with the County

Contractors are required to have the updated Contractor's Record Management Form signed and notarized, with a copy of the following:

  • The qualifier's driver's license
  • An occupational license or business tax receipt
  • Along with the Broward County Certificate of Competency and certificates of insurance or exemption
  • The certificates of insurance or exemption must show the City of Hollywood as the certificate holder