Georgia Elevator, Limited (Class III) Contractor License
The Elevator, Limited (Class III) Contractor License allows you to do the following work on residential dumbwaiters, elevators, platform lifts and stairway chairlifts:
How to Get the Elevator, Limited (Class III) Contractor’s License in Georgia?
- Create an account on the OCI Citizenserve site
- Fill out the online application
- Meet the licensure requirements:
- Show verification of having an Elevator Mechanic Certification
- Provide proof of insurance:
- Submit to the Office an original or certified copy of an insurance policy issued by an insurance company authorized to do business in this State to provide general liability coverage of at least $500,000 for injury or death of one person and at least $500,000 for injury or death of any number of persons in any one occurrence, with the coverage of at least $250,000 for any property damages in any one occurrence and the statutory workers' compensation insurance coverage
- Complete the online Boiler application for examination
- Take and pass the exam administered by the OCI
- Await for the Office of the Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner to issue the license
Please note that Elevator Contractor Certifications are valid for twelve months after issuance. Elevator Contractor classes require certification as an Elevator Mechanic before performing any work on elevators or other conveyances.