In the state of Georgia, you must register and submit your application through the Georgia Online Licensing Portal.
The following information can be found at the Georgia State Legislature.
To obtain a license in the State of Georgia, you must meet the following requirements:
- Is at least 21 years of age
- Is of a good character and is otherwise qualified as to competency, ability, and integrity
- Meets eligibility requirements according to one of the following criteria:
- as received a baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the field of engineering, architecture, construction management, building construction, or other field acceptable to the division and has at least one year of proven experience working as or in the employment of a residential contractor, general contractor, or other proven experience deemed substantially similar by the division;
- Has a combination acceptable to the division of academic credits from any accredited college-level courses and proven practical experience working as or in the employment of a residential contractor, general contractor, or other proven experience deemed substantially similar by the division equaling at least four years in the aggregate. For purposes of this subparagraph, all university, college, junior college, or community college-level courses shall be considered accredited college-level courses; or
- as a total of at least four years of proven active experience working in a construction industry-related field, at least two of which shall have been as or in the employment of a residential contractor, or other proven experience deemed acceptable by the division; and
- Has had significant responsibility for the successful performance and completion of at least two projects falling within the trade category in the four years immediately preceding application.
Georgia Construction industry Licensing Board
To obtain a state license as a conditioned air contractor, you must:
- Submit a completed application and non-refundable fee with documentation of the required experience and other qualifications and reference information.
- Submit a completed examination scheduling form with fee
- Pass the examination.
- The following list contain the application to each trade:
Georgia Board for Residential and General Contractors Testing Process:
- Candidates seeking licensure may download the examination application from our forms directory.
- Candidates must complete the appropriate examination application and submit it to the Board office along with a fee and supporting documents.
- Board office notifies PSI of the candidates eligible for testing while also notifying individual applicants of eligibility.
- Once approved for examination eligibility, the candidate will register with PSI.
- Candidates may take their test at any of the three existing PSI testing locations found in Atlanta, Macon or Tifton or any other location that PSI has established in neighboring states.
- Information regarding the examination itself can be found by visiting PSI’s website at www.psiexams.com or calling PSI at 1-800-733-9267.
- Candidate Information Bulletin.
- Board office will notify candidates of exam results.
Georgia State Construction Industry Licensing Board Fee Schedule
For more information on the fee schedule, please click here.
Currently, the General Contractors Division has established reciprocity with Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee as an available method by which to obtain licensure.
The following trades have reciprocity applications. Please click each license to find there individual reciprocity application.