Page 2 of 5
How to Apply for your Exam
- Submit a completed application and non-refundable fee with documentation of the required experience and other qualifications and reference information
- Submit a completed examination scheduling form with fee, and
- Pass the examination
- Minimum of 21 years old
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the electrical field
- Primary Experience: Work experience gained through the direct installation of electrical systems of a type covered by the National Electrical Code and directly related activity
- Secondary Experience will be credited at a rate of fifty percent (50%): Work or training experience related to electrical contracting work involving electrical systems covered by the National Electrical Code.
- Three (3) years of Primary Experience and two (2) years of Secondary Experience would meet the 4 years experience requirements.
- Education may be applied toward the experience requirements as follows:
- Completion of a two (2) academic year minimum diploma
- Completion of a two (2) academic year minimum certificate program of a vocational-technical school may be credited as no more than one (1) year of experience
You can find more information on the Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia.
More information can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions
- Written by Rojas L.