Florida State General Contractor License Exam Prep Classes
Florida General Contractor Classes
General Contractor Classes to prepare for the Florida GC exam. Start studying online now! And, if you need extra help attend our in-person review classes in Tampa, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, and Fort Myers. Contract administration and Project Management exam prep are included in the training. You must pass both exams in order to get your GC.
GC Exam Subjects
Below is a list of all the subjects involed in the GC exam. Please note all questions on the exam are multiple choice and they require you to find information quickly within your set of books. Our Practice questions target specific areas of your books to help you navigate your books better during testing.
- Contract Administration
- Preconstruction Activities
- Project Contracts
- Obtaining Licenses, Permits and Approvals
- Construction Procedures and Operations
- Project Management
- Construction methods, materials, tools, and equipment
- Reading Plans and Specifications
Books Needed for the Exam
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2017.
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017
- A701 Instructions to Bidders, 2018.
- Builder's Guide to Accounting, 2001
- Building Estimator’s Reference Book, 31st Edition, 2017
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926, July 1, 2018.
- Contractors Manual, 2017
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures, 16th Edition, 2016
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, 9th Edition, 2011
- Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, 9th Edition, 2013 or 10th Edition, 2019
- Application and Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products, GA-216, 2018 Edition.
- Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida, 2017.
- Building Component Safety Information: BCSI-ED2-D “Guide to Good Practices for Handling, Installing and Bracing of Metal Connected Wood Trusses”, 2018.
- Florida Building Code - Building, 2017
- Florida Building Code - Accessibility, 2017
- Florida Building Code - Residential, 2017.
- Florida Building Code - Existing Building, 2017.
- Florida Building Code - Energy Conservation, 2017.
- SKU: s_construction4_CA_PM
This course helped me prepare for my exam very well, i could not be happier with the material! I had many practice exams and lecture videos. I was also very happy with the in-person classes, they are very informative and helpful. I definitely recommend this course for anyone trying to prepare for their general exam!Contractor Campus