Florida Fire Protection II Contractor License
Florida contractors certified as Fire Protection II have a scope of work which covers contracts requiring the layout, installation, inspection and service of the following types of fire protection systems:
- Foam-water sprinklers
- Foam-water spray
- Water sprinklers
- Water spray
- Sprinklers' thermal systems
- Air lines
- Sprinkler tank heaters
- Risers with standpipe/sprinkler combinations
- Tanks and pumps connected to these systems
- Piping system starting at the POS (point of service)
Pre-engineered systems are excluded from the scope of this license.
How to Obtain the Fire Protection II Contractor License in Florida
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be of good moral character.
- Submit the Fire II Contractor application to the Bureau of Fire Prevention.
- Obtain General Liability Insurance.
- Have the necessary experience in the Fire Protection II trade:
- Four years (documented) working for a Fire I or II contractor, or
- Equivalent education and experience with water-based fire suppression systems.
- Experience/education must include knowledge of the layout of risers, cross mains, branch lines, sprinkler heads, sizing of pipe, hanger locations, and hydraulic calculations.
- Pass the exam within one year of submitting the application.
Florida Fire Protection II Contractor License Exam
Florida Fire Protection II Contractors must pass an exam prior to obtaining their license. Do not sign up to take your exams until you obtain your books and begin studying for them!
- Testing Method: Computer-Based
- Testing Company: Pearson Vue©
- Time Allowed: 150 Minutes
- Passing Score: 70%
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of Questions: 100
- Subjects Involved:
- Expansion Foams
- Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- One, Two-Family Dwellings and Manufactured Homes
- Sprinkler Systems in Residential Occupancies Up to and Including Four Stories in Height
- Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems
- Water Spray Fixed Systems for Fire Protection
Deluge Foam-Water Sprinkler and Foam-Water Spray Systems
- Water Sprinkler Spray
- Foam-Water Spray Systems
- Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
- Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection
- Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances
Water Based Fire Protection Systems
- Fire Suppression System Contractors
- Disciplinary Action
- Certificate Application and Issuance
- Application & Issuance
- Investigation of Applicant
- Requirements for Installation, Inspection, and Maintenance of Fire Protection Systems
- Contracting without certificate prohibited
- Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems for One-family Dwellings, two-family Dwellings, and Mobile Homes
- One and Two Family Dwellings
- Mobile Homes
- Florida Administrative Code
Course for Fire Protection II
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems
Bookset for Fire Protection II
The books set includes all required references for the Fire Protection II exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
FLORIDA FIRE PROTECTION II - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $1,082.24
FLORIDA FIRE PROTECTION II - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $1,182.24
Fire Protection II Books
NFPA 11 Comprises the design, installation, o...
NFPA 11 Standard for Low, Medium, and High Ex$85.27$85.27
This standard has been retired for more than ...
NFPA 11A Standard for Medium and High Expansi$0.00$0.00
NFPA 13 addresses the requirements for sprink...
NFPA 13 Standard for the Installation of Spri$169.97$169.97
NFPA 13D: Standard for the Installation of Sp...
NFPA 13D Standard for the Installation of Spr$85.17$85.17
NFPA 13R is the Standard for the Installation...
NFPA 13R Standard for the Installation of Spr$76.65$76.65
NFPA 14 is the standard for the Installation ...
NFPA 14 Standard for the Installation of Stan$85.18$85.18
NFPA 15, Standard for Water Spray Fixed Syste...
NFPA 15 Standard for Water Spray Fixed System$85.17$85.17
NFPA 16: Standard for the Installation of Foa...
NFPA 16 Standard for the Installation of Foam$76.74$76.74
NFPA 20 Standards for the Installation of Sta...
NFPA 20 Standards for the Installation of Sta$99.29$99.29
NFPA 22: Standard for Watertanks for Private ...
NFPA 22 Standard for Water Tanks for Private$85.17$85.17
NFPA 24 is the standard which covers the inst...
NFPA 24 Standard for the Installation of Priv$85.18$85.18
NFPA 25 is the baseline for inspection, testi...
NFPA 25 Standard for the Inspection, Testing,$99.10$99.10
Chapter 633 (Florida) deals with fire prevent...
Fire Prevention and Control Chapter 633$29.35$29.35
Chapter 69A-46 sets forth the requirements a ...
Fire Protection System Contractors and System$20.00$20.00
- Written by Gil M.