Florida Fire Protection I Contractor License
Florida contractors holding the Fire Protection I contractor’s license are unlimited as to the type of fire protection work they can engage in. Fire I contractors can legally engage in contracts requiring the layout, installation, inspection and service of all types of fire protection systems:
- Automatic fire sprinklers
- Foam-based systems
- Carbon dioxide systems
- Dry chemical and Halon
- Sprinkler systems using water and their respective underground piping
The Fire I license allows for the work to be completed in any type of building, including mobile homes and one and two-family detached dwellings.
How to Obtain the Fire Protection I Contractor License in Florida
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be of good moral character.
- Submit the Fire I Contractor application to the Bureau of Fire Prevention.
- Obtain General Liability Insurance.
- Have the necessary experience in the Fire Protection I trade:
- Four years (documented) working for a Fire I contractor, or
- Equivalent education and experience with chemical and water-based fire suppression systems.
- Experience/education must include knowledge of the layout of risers, cross mains, branch lines, sprinkler heads, sizing of pipe, hanger locations, and hydraulic calculations.
- Pass the exam within one year of submitting the application.
Florida Fire Protection I Contractor Exams
Florida Fire Protection I Contractors must pass an exam prior to obtaining their license. Do not sign up to take your exams until you obtain your books and begin studying for them!
- Testing Method: Computer-based testing
- Testing Company: Pearson Vue©
- Number of Questions: 100
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Time Allowed: 150 Minutes
- Minimum Passing Score: 70%
- Subjects Involved:
- Expansion Foams
- Carbon Dioxide Extinguishing Systems
- Halon 1301 Fire Extinguishing Systems
Installation of Sprinkler systems
- Sprinkler Systems
- Installation of Sprinkler Systems in One and Two Family Dwellings and Manufactured Homes
- Installation of Sprinkler Systems in Residential Occupancies Up to and Including Four Stories in Height
- Water Spray Fixed Systems
Deluge Foam-Water Sprinkler and Foam-Water Spray Systems
- Water Sprinkler Spray Systems
- Foam-Water Spray Systems
Chemical Extinguishing Systems
- Dry Chemical Extinguishing Systems
- Wet Chemical Extinguishing Systems
- Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
- Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection
- Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances
Water Based Fire Protection Systems
Ventilation and Fire Control of Commercial Cooking Operations
- Fire Control
- Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems
- State Fire Marshal
- Powers and Duties
- Certificate Application and Issuance
- Application & Issuance
- Investigation of Applicant
- Issuance of Certificate
- Business Organizations
- Inactive Certificate
- Continuing Education
- Contracting without certificate prohibited
- Disciplinary action
- Fire protection system contractors
- Grounds for denial
- Farm buildings
- Standpipe systems installed by plumbing companies
- State Fire Marshal
Florida Administrative Code
- Submission of Application
- Servicing on the Fire
- Lay out
- Required Continuing Education
- Compliance of Standards of National Fire Protection Association
- Installation Requirements for Automatic Sprinkler system
- Water as extinguishing agent
- Requirements for Fire Protection Systems
- Testing and Maintenance
Florida Fire Protection I Contractor Classes
The Fire Protection I Exam Prep Classes are designed to the prepare contractors for the rigorous Florida exam, which they need to pass in order to become licensed by the Florida Fire Marshall. We offer free live refresher online classes for Florida Contractors to help get ready for the Exam with the online class's purchase. The online classes are unlimited and can be accessed whenever needed; You can also attend live online classes as needed. All live refresher online classes are on Saturdays from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (ET); we teach how to solve math problems for trade, business, and finance problems. Below is some useful information regarding these classes.
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems
Florida Fire Protection I Books
The books set includes all required references for the Fire Protection I exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM. For more information related to the academic nature of the exam and how the books' content is related to the testing subjects, you can look at Pearson Vue© Candidate Handbook and Content Outline.
FLORIDA FIRE PROTECTION I - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $2,353.95
FLORIDA FIRE PROTECTION I - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $2,453.95
Fire Protection I Books
Sales price: $0.00