Florida Fire Protection I Contractor License
This license includes the execution of contracts requiring the ability to lay out, fabricate, install, inspect, alter, repair, and service all types of fire protection systems, excluding pre-engineered systems. If your scope of work only involves the connection from the water main to the outside of the building and do not engage in any contracting involving the installation of any component of the fire suppression system inside buildings, then you might only need the Florida Fire Protection V Contractor License.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- 4 years of verifiable experience in the full time employment of a Fire Protection System Contractor I.
- Note: Applicants may combine equivalent education and experience as Prescribed in Section 633.318, Florida Statutes, and Florida Administrative Code 69A-46.010.
- In lieu of submitting verification of employment, a Contractor I applicant may submit a copy of a current NICET Level III or IV certification as a Fire Protection Engineering Technician in the appropriate subfield as prescribed in Section 69A-46.010, Florida Administrative Code.
- Application must be accompanied by evidence as a Florida Corporation or evidence of compliance with the Fictitious Name Act.
- Applicant must provide evidence of insurance coverage meeting the requirements of Section 633.318, Florida Statutes. Proof of coverage may be submitted on an Acord form.
- Applicant must be an employee of and legally qualified to act for the business organization in all matters connected with its contracting business and she or he must have the authority to supervise and will supervise any construction undertaken by such business organization.
Florida Fire Protection I Contractor Classes
The Fire Protection I Exam Prep Classes are designed to the prepare contractors for the rigorous Florida exam, which they need to pass in order to become licensed by the Florida Fire Marshall. Below is some useful information regarding these classes.
Course Description: Upon enrolment the student receives an email containing his/her ID and Password combination to access the eCampus. The student can access the eCampus 24/7 for as long as it is necessary until he/she passes all licensing exams. The eCampus contains VIDEOS, PRACTICE QUESTIONS (similar to those seen on the actual exams), typical MATH PROBLEMS with step-by-step solutions, and detailed instructions on how to FIND ANSWERS within the books. The student also has access to optional in-person classroom-style refresher seminars. The training can be completed fully online, but if the student prefers, he/she can go to any number of REFRESHER SEMINARS (no extra charges or limitations).
Click here for a list of dates and locations of upcoming Refresher Seminars offered for this trade.$599.00$599.00
Florida Fire Protection I Books
The books set includes all required references for the Fire Protection I exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
FLORIDA FIRE PROTECTION I BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES
BOOKS FOR TRADE - ALL BOOKS LISTED BELOWSales price: $1,006.40
FLORIDA FIRE PROTECTION I BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES
BOOKS FOR TRADE - ALL BOOKS LISTED BELOWSales price: $1,106.40
Fire Protection I Books
- Sales price: $0.00