- Division of Professions and Occupations
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350, Denver, CO 80202
Phone Number: 303-894-7800
Fax Number: 303-894-7693
How to Apply for your Exam
- To obtain an Electrical license you must first submit an application online here
- Once your application is approved by the Colorado State Board, you will receive a letter with information on where to obtain a testing handbook that provides testing locations, fees, and schedules. The test is administered by PSI.
- You can find electrical applications and forms here
- You can find an electrical application checklist here
The Colorado State Electrical Board adheres to the bylaws of the National Electrical Reciprocal Alliance (NERA). As such, Colorado has journeyman electrician reciprocal licensing agreements with the following states and you would apply by reciprocity:
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
In accordance with NERA bylaws, applications for a Colorado journeyman reciprocal license are required to:
- Hold a journeyman certificate or a master electrician certificate that is current, active, and in good standing and allows the individual to work as a journeyman electrician in the licensing state
- Have gained that certificate through a state-administered examination with a passing score from the licensing state
- The Colorado Electrical Board will issue a certificate without written examination when an applicant for reciprocity has met the above requirements and paid the appropriate fees. Applicants will not be granted a reciprocal certificate where the certificate in the licensing state was granted by grandfathering without having passed a state-administered examination as stated above.
- Colorado electricians applying for a reciprocal license in a participating state must contact that state for specific requirements and fees.
- PSI licensure:certification
3210 E Tropicana
Las Vegas, NV 89121
Fax (702) 932-2666
More information can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions