Page 1 of 2
City of Zolfo Springs Permits
To view license requirements, definition, exams, books, and classes, please visit the city of Zolfo Springs
- Floodplain development permits or approvals shall be issued pursuant to this chapter for any development activities not subject to the requirements of the Florida Building Code, including buildings, structures and facilities exempt from the Florida Building Code
- Validity of permit or approval: The issuance of a floodplain development permit or approval pursuant to this chapter shall not be construed to be a permit for, or approval of, any violation of this chapter, the Florida Building Codes, or any other ordinance of this community.
- A floodplain development permit or approval shall become invalid unless the work authorized by such permit is commenced within 180 days after its issuance, or if the work authorized is suspended or abandoned for a period of 180 days after the work commences. Extensions for periods of not more than 180 days each shall be requested in writing and justifiable cause shall be demonstrated.
- Application for permit or approval:To obtain a floodplain development permit or approval the applicant shall first file an application Describe the land on which the proposed development is to be conducted by legal description, street address or similar description that will readily identify and definitively locate the site.
- Indicate the use and occupancy for which the proposed development is intended.
- Be accompanied by a site plan or construction documents as specified in Article V of this chapter.
- State the valuation of the proposed work.
- Be signed by the applicant or the applicant's authorized agent.
- Give such other data and information as required by the Floodplain Administrator.
- Written by S. Alfonzo