City of Winter Haven
To view license requirements, definition, exams, books, and classes, please visit Polk County
The City of Winter Haven uses a third party for Permitting, visit Esuite Online Permit Portal.
Inspection and Permit Information
- Permits are issued Monday-Friday 8am to 3pm and Inspections must be made by 7am.
- Must email and supply the Permit Number, Site Address, Type of Inspection Requesting, Contact Number, and Date of Inspection.
- Inspection can also be requested by calling (863)298-7598.
- All required documentation (approved plans, truss engineering, permit placard, etc.) must be on the job site, accessible to the inspector, and protected from the weather. Any deviation may result in work delays and/or re-inspection fees imposed.
Business Tax Receipts
The Building Division issues Business Tax Receipts to those operating a commercial and/or residential business within the city limits of Winter Haven.
- Prior to applying and paying for a Business Tax Receipt, it should be determined if the business meets the Winter Haven zoning requirement for the business location and if any Federal and/or State certification or inspections are required.
- If the business name is different than your legal name, it is required the business name be registered with the Florida Division of Corporations and proof of active registration must be provided.
- Business Tax Receipt Application