City of Panama City Permits
To view license requirements, definition, exams, books, and classes, please visit Bay County.
The City of Panama City requires a permit for the following. If you are uncertain of permit requirements please contact us at your city’s Building Department
Building Permits are required for, but not limited to the following:
The following Schedule is the list of Planning Department application fees adopted by the City Commission. The highlighted sections of the schedule are adopted in the form of Resolution Number 071310-1. For more information on fee’s, please refer to the Fee Schedule.
- In order to apply for a building permit all contractors must:
- Obtain a state license
- Register with the Building Department of Panama City
- Driver’s License
- General Liability Insurance or Exemption
- Provide a State License (Registered Contractor’s need a Bay County Competency Card)
- Obtain a City of Panama City License
- Letters of Authorization for Employees to apply for permits (Form provided below)
- Contractor Application
- Letter of Authorization