Article Index

City of Edgewood Permits

To view license requirements, definition, exams, books, and classes, please visit Orange County.


The City of Edgewood uses Orange County's Applications for Permitting; for more information, please visit the Building Permit Applicaion.

Permitting Giudelines

  • Orange County does not permit residential fencing, slabs without enclosure and driveways; these are permitted only through the City of Edgewood.
  • Use Orange County’s applications for permitting.
  • The City of Edgewood has to apply their zoning stamp of approval for all permit applications taken to Orange County.
  • There is no fee assessed by the City of Edgewood for permitting unless a review is required by the City’s consulting engineer, planner, and/or attorney. Items requiring a review would be any construction changing the current footprint of a building/residential dwelling, new construction, swimming pools, boat docks/piers, any construction or installation that staff questions construction on or near a body of water, height, setbacks, or conformity with the lot (not an inclusive list). The fee is $50.00 per consultant; generally, only one consultant review is required.
  • All permit applications should be accompanied by a copy of the contractor’s current license, business tax receipt, general liability insurance, and worker’s compensation insurance or exemption. These items can be faxed in advance of the permit application to (407) 851-7361. These documents are maintained in a file and do not need to be sent with each application unless you are sending updated information.
  • Permit applications and all accompanying documents can be emailed to City Hall to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. applications with large sets of plans will have to be delivered to City Hall.
  • If a review fee is required, please note that the City of Edgewood only accepts cash or check.
  • Some construction /and or land use requests require a pass-through fee pursuant to Ordinance 2013-01.