California Fire-Life Safety Technician Certification
The California Fire-Life Safety Technician certification allows you to perform work for an electrical contractor involving the installation, construction, or maintenance of systems as covered in the National Electrical Code (Article 760) and the National Fire Alarm Code.
The following Electrical Certification is NOT a contractor license. This certificate is to be held by employees who work for a licensed C-10 Electrical contractor.
How to get the Fire-Life Safety Technician certification in California?
- Complete Application: Must fill out the Application for Electrician Examination and Certification. If DSLE does not accept the application due to lack of required information, they will send a letter explaining what is missing.
- Verify Work Experience: Must submit a copy of a state approved apprenticeship certificate. Please note: If the candidate has a completion certificate to submit, the candidate does not have to fill out the on-the-job experience requirement. First time applicants are required to submit Social Security earnings information obtained from form SSA-7050 from the Social Security Administration.
- Submit Required Fees: Must send a check for the exact payment of the exam. Make the check payable to “DIR Electrician Certification Fund ”.
Once the candidate applies for the exam and are approved by DSLE, the application will be forwarded to the testing vendor, PSI Services. PSI Services will then send a "Candidate Information Bulletin". The candidate will then call the 800 number listed in the bulletin to schedule the date, time and location of the exam. Please note: A test date is not automatically assigned to the candidate. If the candidate fails the exam they must wait 60 days before sending in the application for re-test.
California Fire-Life Safety Technician certification Exam Prep Courses
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems
California Fire-Life Safety Technician certification Exam
Below are the specifications (test type, academic content, etc.) for each exam needed to get the Fire-Life Safety Technician certification in California.
California Fire-Life Safety Technician Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based testing; Semi-open book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Types of Questions: Multiple choice
- Number of Questions: 50
- Time Allowed: 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Subjects Involved:
- Safety (10%)
- Preparation (24%)
- Installation (12%)
- Termination (8%)
- Testing and Troubleshooting (12%)
- Fire Alarm Systems (34%)
- PSI© Fire-Life Safety Technician Official Content Outline
California Fire-Life Safety Technician Certification Book Set
The book set includes all source references for the California Fire-Life Safety Technician Certification exams. You can use these books to study for the exams but you are not allowed to bring these books in with you to the testing center. These tests will be closed-book. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
CALIFORNIA FIRE-LIFE SAFETY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $893.17
CALIFORNIA FIRE-LIFE SAFETY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $983.17
California Fire-Life Safety Technician Certification Exam Books
Books Allowed in Testing
Books Not Allowed in Testing