Arizona Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) Contractor License
The Arizona Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:
- Replace and repair commercial pools and accessories
- Work on all existing connections and equipment
- Service residential swimming pools
- Minor repairs on residential swimming pools
This license does not allow you to do plumbing connections to potable water systems, gas lines, chlorine systems, or to do any electrical work beyond the first disconnect. With this license you are not allowed to perform a complete replacement of plaster or pebble pool interiors or decks.
This license combines the scopes of the Commercial Swimming Pool Service and Repair (C-6) and the Residential Swimming Pool Service and Repair (R-6) contractor licenses.
How to get the Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) contractor’s license in Arizona?
- Identifying a Qualifying Party - A sole proprietorship (individual), a partnership, limited liability company, or a corporation may apply for a Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) contractor's license if they have a regularly employed person with the necessary experience, knowledge, and skills who serves as the qualifying party. All persons listed on the application must be 18 years of age or older.
- Experience Requirements - The license classifications requirements must be met or exceeded when applying for an Arizona Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) contractor license. This license requires a minimum of 1 or 0 Years* in the trade.
- Examination Requirements - The applicant must pass the SRE and Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) trade exam. The minimum passing score is 70%. Once completed, the results must be submitted to the ROC.
- Background Checks - The applicant and qualifying party must submit copies of the payment transaction receipt from their background checks.
- Form a Legal Entity - Partnerships must register with the Arizona Secretary of State. LLC’s and corporations are required to register with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Bond - The applicant must obtain and submit proof of a license bond. They must also include all required fees and assessments with the license application. The required bond amounts are as follows:
Gross Volume | Bond Amount
$150,000 or less | $2,500
In excess of $150,000 but not more than $500,000 | $7,000
In excess of $500,000 but not more than one million | $17,500
In excess of one million but not more than five million | $25,000
In excess of five million but not more than ten million | $37,500
Over ten million | $50,000
The bond can be obtained from an Arizona-Licensed Surety Products Provider.
- Identification Forms - Both the Applicant and the Qualifying Party must submit a copy of their government-issued identification with the application. Driver Licenses and passports are acceptable forms of identification.
- Submit Application - Complete and submit a License Application Form to the Registrar by going to their physical location or by mailing the application to the Registrar of Contractors.
Arizona Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) Contractor License Exam Prep Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$525.00$525.00
Before getting your Arizona Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) Contractor License you will need to complete the Arizona Statutes and Rules Training Course and Exam (SRE).
Arizona Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) Contractor License Exam
Below is all the information related to the exam including the content outline and the official reference list.
- Optional: Yes | *If one year of experience or more, no need to take the trade test. If no experience, do need to take the trade test.
- Testing Method: Computer-based testing
- Testing Company: PSI©
- Number of Questions: 30
- Time Allowed: 75 Minutes
- Minimum Passing Score: 70%
- Subjects Involved (number of questions):
- Filtration and Circulation Systems (8)
- Maintenance and Operation (6)
- Accessories and Associated Trades (4)
- Plaster (4)
- Pool Repairs (5)
- OSHA Safety (3)
- PSI© Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) Official Content Outline
Arizona Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) Contractor Book Set
This set of books includes all required references for the Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
ARIZONA SWIMMING POOL SERVICE AND REPAIR (CR-6) - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $992.08
ARIZONA SWIMMING POOL SERVICE AND REPAIR (CR-6) - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $1,072.08
Arizona Swimming Pool Service and Repair (CR-6) Contractor Exam Books
Books Allowed in Testing
- Written by Gil M.