Arizona Roofing (R-42) Contractor License
The Arizona Roofing (R-42) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:
- Roof tile
- Metal roofing systems
- Urethane foam
- Roof insulation or coatings on or above the roof deck
- Weatherproofing (asphaltum, pitch, tar, felt, glass fabric, flax)
- Roofing accessories (flashing, valleys, gravel stops, sheet metal)
A roofing contractor can replace up to 10% of the total roofing substrate square footage in order to fix substrate-related issues found during the execution of the initial roofing contract.
The roofing license allows you to install and replace skylights as long as there are no changes to the roof framing or roof structure. The roofing contractor is also allowed to install up to 24 linear feet of fascia.
The roofing license allows you to lift HVAC equipment to allow for the proper installation of roofing material, but if ducts must be extended or modified, such work must be subbed out to an AC contractor.
How to get the Roofing (R-42) contractor’s license in Arizona?
- Identifying a Qualifying Party - A sole proprietorship (individual), a partnership, limited liability company, or a corporation may apply for a Roofing (R-42) contractor's license if they have a regularly employed person with the necessary experience, knowledge, and skills who serves as the qualifying party. All persons listed on the application must be 18 years of age or older.
- Experience Requirements - The license classifications requirements must be met or exceeded when applying for an Arizona Roofing (R-42) contractor license. This license requires a minimum of 4 Years in the trade.
- Examination Requirements - The applicant must pass the SRE and Roofing (R-42) trade exam. The minimum passing score is 70%. Once completed, the results must be submitted to the ROC.
- Background Checks - The applicant and qualifying party must submit copies of the payment transaction receipt from their background checks.
- Form a Legal Entity - Partnerships must register with the Arizona Secretary of State. LLC’s and corporations are required to register with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Bond - The applicant must obtain and submit proof of a license bond. They must also include all required fees and assessments with the license application. The required bond amounts are as follows:
Gross Volume | Bond Amount
Less than $375,000 | $4,250
$375,000 or more | $7,500
The bond can be obtained from an Arizona-Licensed Surety Products Provider.
- Identification Forms - Both the Applicant and the Qualifying Party must submit a copy of their government-issued identification with the application. Driver Licenses and passports are acceptable forms of identification.
- Submit Application - Complete and submit a License Application Form to the Registrar by going to their physical location or by mailing the application to the Registrar of Contractors.
Arizona Roofing (R-42) Contractor License Exam Prep Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$525.00$525.00
Before getting your Arizona Roofing (R-42) Contractor License you will need to complete the Arizona Statutes and Rules Training Course and Exam (SRE).
Arizona Roofing (R-42) Contractor License Exam
Below is all the information related to the exam including the content outline and the official reference list.
- Optional: No
- Testing Method: Computer-based testing
- Testing Company: PSI©
- Number of Questions: 50
- Time Allowed: 120 Minutes
- Minimum Passing Score: 70%
- Subjects Involved (number of questions):
- Estimating and Plan Reading (5)
- Surface Preparation and Planning (5)
- Steep and Low Slope Roofing, including BUR and Waterproofing (20)
- Roofing Components (10)
- Safety (6)
- Repairs and Reroofing (4)
- PSI© Roofing (R-42) Official Content Outline
Arizona Roofing (R-42) Contractor Book Set
This set of books includes all required references for the Roofing (R-42) exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
ARIZONA ROOFING (R-42) - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $762.58
ARIZONA ROOFING (R-42) - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $822.58
Arizona Roofing (R-42) Contractor Exam Books
Books Allowed in Testing
Books Not Allowed in Testing