Arizona Plumbing (C-37) Contractor License
The Arizona Plumbing (C-37) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:
- Plumbing (within property lines, not on public easements or right-of-ways)
- Water supply piping and fixtures
- Pressure vessels and tanks
- Venting and sanitary drainage
- Septic tanks and leaching lines
- Roof leaders
- Lawn sprinkler
- Water conditioning equipment
- Equipment for swimming pools
- Piping and pressure vessels (no more than 30 PSIg or 220° F) for:
- Manufactured and natural gases
- Compressed air
- Vacuum systems
- Fuel Oil
- Non-potable liquids
- Hot water heating
- Hot water supply systems
- Steam systems not exceeding 15 PSIG operating pressure
- Gas and oil fired space heaters and furnaces, excluding duct work
- Piping for water cooling systems, excluding refrigerant piping and equipment
- Testing and balancing of hydronic systems
How to get the Plumbing (C-37) contractor’s license in Arizona?
- Identifying a Qualifying Party - A sole proprietorship (individual), a partnership, limited liability company, or a corporation may apply for a Plumbing (C-37) contractor's license if they have a regularly employed person with the necessary experience, knowledge, and skills who serves as the qualifying party. All persons listed on the application must be 18 years of age or older.
- Experience Requirements - The license classifications requirements must be met or exceeded when applying for an Arizona Plumbing (C-37) contractor license. This license requires a minimum of 4 Years in the trade.
- Examination Requirements - The applicant must pass the SRE and Plumbing (C-37) trade exam. The minimum passing score is 70%. Once completed, the results must be submitted to the ROC.
- Background Checks - The applicant and qualifying party must submit copies of the payment transaction receipt from their background checks.
- Form a Legal Entity - Partnerships must register with the Arizona Secretary of State. LLC’s and corporations are required to register with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Bond - The applicant must obtain and submit proof of a license bond. They must also include all required fees and assessments with the license application. The required bond amounts are as follows:
Gross Volume | Bond Amount
$150,000 or less | $2,500
In excess of $150,000 but not more than $500,000 | $7,000
In excess of $500,000 but not more than one million | $17,500
In excess of one million but not more than five million | $25,000
In excess of five million but not more than ten million | $37,500
Over ten million | $50,000
The bond can be obtained from an Arizona-Licensed Surety Products Provider.
- Identification Forms - Both the Applicant and the Qualifying Party must submit a copy of their government-issued identification with the application. Driver Licenses and passports are acceptable forms of identification.
- Submit Application - Complete and submit a License Application Form to the Registrar by going to their physical location or by mailing the application to the Registrar of Contractors.
Arizona Plumbing (C-37) Contractor License Exam Prep Course
Before getting your Arizona Plumbing (C-37) Contractor License you will need to complete the Arizona Statutes and Rules Training Course and Exam (SRE).
Arizona Plumbing (C-37) Contractor License Exam
Below is all the information related to the exam including the content outline and the official reference list.
- Optional: No
- Testing Method: Computer-based testing
- Type of Exam: Semi-open book
- Testing Company: PSI©
- Number of Questions: 100
- Time Allowed: 240 Minutes
- Minimum Passing Score: 70%
- Subjects Involved (number of questions):
- Drainage Waste and Vents (15)
- Indirect Waste (4)
- Water Supply Systems (12)
- Backflow Prevention (5)
- Roof Drains and Storm Drainage Systems (5)
- Plumbing Fixtures (including water heaters and accessibility) (6)
- General Knowledge (8)
- Specialty Plumbing, Interceptors, and Traps (5)
- Fuel Gas (11)
- Septic and Sewer (11)
- Hydronics (6)
- Fire Sprinklers (6)
- Excavation (6)
- PSI© Plumbing (C-37) Official Content Outline
Arizona Plumbing (C-37) Contractor Book Set
This set of books includes all required references for the Plumbing (C-37) exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
ARIZONA PLUMBING (C-37) - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $1,300.80
ARIZONA PLUMBING (C-37) - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $1,400.80
Arizona Plumbing (C-37) Contractor Exam Books
Books Allowed in Testing
Books Not Allowed in Testing