Arizona Minor Home Improvements (R-62) Contractor License

The Arizona Minor Home Improvements (R-62) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:

  • Remodeling, repairs, and improvements to existing structures or appurtenances
  • On-grade flat work
  • Patio covers
  • Porch covers

This license only covers projects of $5,000 or less (including all labor and materials). This license does not include structural work nor any load bearing carpentry or concrete/masonry work. Any electrical, AC and plumbing work must be subcontracted to a licensed contractor under those classifications. You do not need to pass an exam to obtain this license.

How to get the Minor Home Improvements (R-62) contractor’s license in Arizona?

  1. Identifying a Qualifying Party - A sole proprietorship (individual), a partnership, limited liability company, or a corporation may apply for a Minor Home Improvements (R-62) contractor's license if they have a regularly employed person with the necessary experience, knowledge, and skills who serves as the qualifying party. All persons listed on the application must be 18 years of age or older.
  2. Experience Requirements - The license classifications requirements must be met or exceeded when applying for an Arizona Minor Home Improvements (R-62) contractor license. This license requires a minimum of 0 Years in the trade.
  3. Identification Forms - Both the Applicant and the Qualifying Party must submit a copy of their government-issued identification with the application. Driver Licenses and passports are acceptable forms of identification.
  4. Submit Application - Complete and submit a License Application Form to the Registrar by going to their physical location or by mailing the application to the Registrar of Contractors.