Arizona Dual Engineering (KA-) Contractor License
The Arizona Dual Engineering (KA-) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:
- Fixed works
- Power and utility plants
- Hydroelectric plants
- Sewage and waste disposal plants
- Public parks
- Public right-of-ways
- Construct and repair appurtenances (additions/enhancements) to residential structures
- The following trades must be sub-contracted to licensed professionals in those fields:
- Air conditioning
- Swimming pool/spa
- Water wells
This license covers the combined scope of the General Engineering (A-) and the General Residential Engineering (B-4) licenses.
How to get the Dual Engineering (KA-) contractor’s license in Arizona?
- Identifying a Qualifying Party - A sole proprietorship (individual), a partnership, limited liability company, or a corporation may apply for a Dual Engineering (KA-) contractor's license if they have a regularly employed person with the necessary experience, knowledge, and skills who serves as the qualifying party. All persons listed on the application must be 18 years of age or older.
- Experience Requirements - The license classifications requirements must be met or exceeded when applying for an Arizona Dual Engineering (KA-) contractor license. This license requires a minimum of 4 Years in the trade.
- Examination Requirements - The applicant must pass the SRE and Dual Engineering (KA-) trade exam. The minimum passing score is 70%. Once completed, the results must be submitted to the ROC.
- Background Checks - The applicant and qualifying party must submit copies of the payment transaction receipt from their background checks.
- Form a Legal Entity - Partnerships must register with the Arizona Secretary of State. LLC’s and corporations are required to register with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Bond - The applicant must obtain and submit proof of a license bond. They must also include all required fees and assessments with the license application. The required bond amounts are as follows:
Gross Volume | Bond Amount
$150,000 or less | $5,000
In excess of $150,000 but not more than $500,000 | $15,000
In excess of $500,000 but not more than one million | $25,000
In excess of one million but not more than five million | $50,000
In excess of five million but not more than ten million | $75,000
Over ten million | $100,000
The bond can be obtained from an Arizona-Licensed Surety Products Provider.
- Identification Forms - Both the Applicant and the Qualifying Party must submit a copy of their government-issued identification with the application. Driver Licenses and passports are acceptable forms of identification.
- Submit Application - Complete and submit a License Application Form to the Registrar by going to their physical location or by mailing the application to the Registrar of Contractors.
Arizona Dual Engineering (KA-) Contractor License Exam Prep Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$525.00$525.00
Before getting your Arizona Dual Engineering (KA-) Contractor License you will need to complete the Arizona Statutes and Rules Training Course and Exam (SRE).
Arizona Dual Engineering (KA-) Contractor License Exam
Below is all the information related to the exam including the content outline and the official reference list.
- Optional: No
- Testing Method: Computer-based testing
- Testing Company: PSI©
- Number of Questions: 109
- Time Allowed: 240 Minutes
- Minimum Passing Score: 70%
- Subjects Involved (number of questions):
- Sewers and Septic Systems (10)
- Water Piping (5)
- Gas Piping (5)
- Paving (10)
- Excavation, Compaction, and Grading (12)
- Safety (10)
- Steel (3)
- Piles (5)
- Concrete (10)
- Traffic Control (6)
- Electrical Transmission Lines (4)
- Storm Water Runoff (9)
- Solar Thermal (10)
- Photovoltaic Systems (10)
- PSI© Dual Engineering (KA-) Official Content Outline
Arizona Dual Engineering (KA-) Contractor Book Set
This set of books includes all required references for the Dual Engineering (KA-) exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
ARIZONA DUAL ENGINEERING (KA-) - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $2,657.58
ARIZONA DUAL ENGINEERING (KA-) - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $2,757.58
Arizona Dual Engineering (KA-) Contractor Exam Books
Books Allowed in Testing
Books Not Allowed in Testing
The first edition of the Post-Tensioning M$153.32$153.32